Your source for continuing coverage of the "other" pro football leagues

Criminals not headed to CFL

CFL futures: Alouettes favored to win Grey Cup

Posted June 30, 2010 @ 7:08 p.m.

Pacman to be sharing spotlight in Winnipeg

Posted Sept. 02, 2009 @ 11:43 a.m.

Pacman Jones signs in CFL

Posted Sept. 01, 2009 @ 11:42 a.m.

What defines cheating?

Posted July 15, 2009 @ 1:31 p.m.

"Oh, Canada..."

Posted July 01, 2009 @ 12:54 p.m.

Check out these links...

Posted June 24, 2009 @ 12:21 p.m.

Welcome to PFW's newest blog!

Posted June 18, 2009 @ 12:08 p.m.
Posted Sept. 03, 2009 @ 9:59 a.m.
Updated Oct. 06, 2010 @ 7:27 p.m.
By Dan Waters

Apparently, the reports that surfaced Wednesday that DB Adam "Pacman" Jones and WR Charles Rogers were headed to the Canadian Football League were a bit premature.

As far as Rogers goes, the former second-overall pick is not eligible to play in the CFL because he is still under suspension in the NFL. According to TSN Canada, this clause was enacted in 2006 when RB Ricky Williams played in the CFL even though he was not eligible to play in the NFL.

The story gets a little more dicey when it comes to Jones. According to Paul Friesen of the Winnipeg Sun, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers decided they were done pursuing the former first-rounder when he appeared on streaming video "sound(ing) exactly like what he is: a loser who had absolutely no interest in the CFL, other than using it to sucker another NFL team into throwing money at him."

Apparently, per Friesen, Pacman appeared on the video shirtless, even flexing for the camera at one point. Here are a few quotes from Pacman's video outlined in Friesen's article:

• "Don't throw no dollars at me. If you want to throw somethin' at me, throw me an NFL contract, man."
  • "Go to the UFL (sic) and do my thing and get ready for a playoff run in the NFL, you know what I'm sayin'?"
  • "I've got a clause in my contract. When I get a call from an NFL team, I can go over. I actually got two calls today, so if they tell me tomorrow that Pacman's back, that'd be a bummer for all my Winnipeg fans."
Pacman, something tells me that "all (your) Winnipeg fans" — in the CFL, mind you, not the UFL — may have been limited to the exotic dancers that were looking forward to you "making it rain." Some people just really, really don't get it. There's not much else to say.

Comments (0)