Pro Football Weekly's Eric Edholm brings you hot news and the inside scoop about the NFL.

Browns appear set to start completely fresh

Recent posts by Eric Edholm

Dallas Mavericks forward Caron Butler's Week Two picks

Posted Sept. 17, 2010 @ 3:20 p.m.

Five Fearless Predictions: Week One

Posted Sept. 10, 2010 @ 3:38 p.m.

Three Saints concerns for tonight's game

Posted Sept. 09, 2010 @ 2:05 p.m.

Three Vikings concerns for Thursday’s game

Posted Sept. 07, 2010 @ 2:51 p.m.

A note on Dan Hampton

Posted Sept. 06, 2010 @ 12:39 p.m.

The Patriots-Dolphins pointspread rollercoaster

Posted Dec. 06, 2009 @ 11:15 a.m.

Update: Patriots-Dolphins line back up in Las Vegas

Posted Dec. 03, 2009 @ 4:22 p.m.

What's going on with the Patriots-Dolphins line?

Posted Dec. 03, 2009 @ 2:50 p.m.

Waiting for the wheeling and dealing

Posted April 25, 2009 @ midnight

Jackson to Chiefs? I don't like it

Posted April 25, 2009 @ midnight

Top 5 observations

Posted April 25, 2009 @ midnight

'L.B.U.' could make history

Posted April 24, 2009 @ midnight

Jackson surging

Posted April 23, 2009 @ midnight

A lot to like about Baylor's Smith

Posted April 23, 2009 @ midnight

Britt has pro game figured

Posted April 21, 2009 @ midnight

Tags

Posted April 14, 2009 @ midnight
Updated Oct. 06, 2010 @ 7:26 p.m.
By Eric Edholm

The word on the street, as it has been for a week now, is that the Browns are ready to turn over the roster almost completely.

Although most of what I am hearing and reading is second-hald -- no one from the Browns has told me anything -- there appears enough evidence around to think that the Browns will be a completely different team two weeks from now.

Browns WR Braylon EdwardsFirst, there was the Yahoo.com report by Jason Cole that Braylon-to-the-Giants is going to happen. When I talked to a Giants source by email this afternoon, I didn't get the idea iwas that set in stone, but then again I will assume that my email was not the only one he got today following Cole's story. And it's always good to put out fires when negotiations, as I understand it, are quite unsettled to this point.

Now there is talk that the Browns have turned their attention to Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree with the No. 5 pick and that QB Brady Quinn might be the next veteran to go. This should be noted: I called one team that could use a quarterback and asked them if they were the team that reportedly offered Cleveland a first-round pick (predictably, they said no) and also asked if they believed there was a team that actually offered a first-rounder, or whether it was a rumor leaked to spur interest.

"I would be more inclined to say there wasn't [an offer for a first-round pick]," said a team official who requested anonymity.

Either way, it's clear that Quinn, Edwards and a host of other Browns are on the block right now.

Comments (0)