Pro Football Weekly tracks the action from the college season through NFL draft weekend.

Mouse-less PFW captain must carry on

Dan Arkush

darkush@pfwmedia.com
Executive editor

Recent posts by Dan Arkush

Trade winds blowing big-time

Posted April 24, 2010 @ 2:23 p.m.

Clausen drama should highlight Day Two

Posted April 23, 2010 @ 9:13 a.m.

How fast will Spiller go off the board?

Posted April 22, 2010 @ 6:35 p.m.

St. Elmo's with a twist

Posted Feb. 27, 2010 @ 8:56 a.m.

Wild Friday about to begin

Posted Feb. 26, 2010 @ 9:18 a.m.

Friday's Combine schedule

Posted Feb. 22, 2008 @ midnight

Wolverine-slayer has Pats on the mind

Posted Feb. 22, 2008 @ midnight

Mangini lied to us

Posted Feb. 22, 2008 @ midnight

Thursday's schedule of Combine speakers

Posted Feb. 21, 2008 @ midnight

And a guard shall lead them...

Posted Feb. 21, 2008 @ midnight

Meet Shane Longest

Posted Feb. 21, 2008 @ midnight

Give it up for the little guy

Posted Feb. 21, 2008 @ midnight

Chris Long: Defensive end of the Steelers' dreams?

Posted Feb. 21, 2008 @ midnight

Greetings from Indy!

Posted Feb. 20, 2008 @ midnight
Posted Feb. 22, 2007 @ midnight
Updated Oct. 06, 2010 @ 7:27 p.m.
By Dan Arkush

Hello, friends. This is executive editor Dan Arkush reporting for duty. I'm in the lobby of the Hampton Inn East typing away with an extra-strong cup of black coffee by my side. I woiuld prefer to be in my room, but we have discovered that our wireless capabilities aren't as perfect as we hoped. That said, compared to where the PFW troops camped out in previous Combines, this place is a 500-star facility. It appears the PFW troops are sufficiently motivated, although compadres Court Mann and Chris Neubauer are battling major cold germs that required an emergency run to the nearest full-service drug store. We will be leaving for the Convention Center at 9 a.m., and I expect the joint will start jumping by mid-day. Last night it was quiet in the streets of Indy. I heard a funny line before leaving on this assignment. Word was that, in honor of their team winning the Super Bowl, the bars in the city of Indianapolis, would be staying open until 6:30 p.m. Based on last night, I think they might have never opened. But that will definitely change, as people from the football world become increasingly thirsty as the week wears on.

As for me, I'm OK except for one major problem: My mouse is NOT working. As it is, I'm all thumbs with computers, and I am hoping that one of my PFW pals will be able to do a repair job for me because I'm going to be cutting and pasting copy like a mad man before too long. That's it for now. Be back at you later.

Comments (0)