About the Author
Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain
Updated 3:06 p.m. ET on Sunday, Dec. 23
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon slate of Week 16 games:
- Ravens WR Torrey Smith (concussion), RB Bernard Pierce (concussion) and TE Ed Dickson are all active for Sunday's game against the Giants. Smith is the only one of those three that should be in fantasy lineups. Dickson being active does decrease TE Dennis Pitta's value.
- Brian Hoyer is the Cardinals' backup QB in Arizona's game against the Bears. John Skelton is inactive and Ryan Lindley will start.
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the early slate of Week 16 games:
- Redskins QB Robert Griffin III (knee) is active and will start, as expected. He may be somewhat limited from a rushing perspective, but RG3 is still a must-start against a weak Eagles defense.
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) is inactive, which means RB DeAngelo Williams should expect plenty of carries in Sunday’s game against the Raiders.
- Packers RB Alex Green (concussion) is inactive and Ryan Grant will start in Sunday’s game against the Titans. Tennessee’s defense has struggled this season, making Grant a flex option. RBs DaJuan Harris and John Kuhn are also options in deeper leagues.
- Dolphins WR Brian Hartline (back) is active after being listed as questionable for Sunday’s game vs. the Bills. Without WR Davone Bess (back), Hartline is Ryan Tannehill’s clear-cut top target, and should be considered a flex option against Buffalo’s defense.
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall is active, though Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer will likely get more touches. Mendenhall was suspended for last week’s game.
- Jaguars RBs Maurice Jones-Drew and Rashad Jennings are inactive as expected for Sunday’s game against the Patriots. Montell Owens will be the starting back.