About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated 12:15 p.m. ET, Sunday, Dec. 22
Here are PFW's Week 16 QB rankings:
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Jaguars
- Drew Brees, Saints at Cowboys
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Titans
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Raiders
- Peyton Manning, Broncos vs. Browns
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Lions
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Saints
- Robert Griffin III, Redskins at Eagles
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers vs. Bengals
- Andrew Luck, Colts at Chiefs
- Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Falcons
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Steelers
- Matt Schaub, Texans vs. Vikings
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Rams
- Colin Kaepernick, 49ers at Seahawks
- Sam Bradford, Rams at Buccaneers
- Carson Palmer, Raiders at Panthers
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks vs. 49ers
- Eli Manning, Giants at Ravens
- Nick Foles, Eagles vs. Redskins
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Jets
- Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins vs. Bills
- Brandon Weeden, Browns at Broncos
- Jake Locker, Titans at Packers
- Chad Henne, Jaguars vs. Patriots
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Giants
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Dolphins
- Jay Cutler, Bears at Cardinals
- Christian Ponder, Vikings at Texans
- Greg McElroy, Jets vs. Chargers (ADDED)
- Brady Quinn, Chiefs vs. Colts
- Ryan Lindley, Cardinals vs. Bears
Not listed: none
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs.