Live Week 14 fantasy injury updates
Posted By Kevin Fishbain
Updated 3:02 p.m. ET
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon slate of Week 14 games:
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (knee) is active for Sunday's game against the Saints and should be in most fantasy lineups.
- As expected, Saints RB Chris Ivory is inactive, which means more opportunities for RBs Pierre Thomas and Mark Ingram.
- 49ers RB Brandon Jacobs and WR Mario Manningham are inactive, and rookies RB LaMichael James and A.J. Jenkins are active.
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the early slate of Week 14 games:
- Rams WR Danny Amendola (foot) is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Bills. This increases the fantasy value of WRs Chris Givens and Brandon Gibson.
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (healthy scratch) is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Chargers. Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman will handle the carries.
- Bills WR Stevie Johnson (hamstring) is active for Sunday’s game against the Rams after being listed as questionable. As the Bills’ top target, he should be in most fantasy lineups as a WR-2 or WR-3.
- Panthers WR Brandon LaFell (toe) and RB Jonathan Stewart (ankle) are both inactive for Sunday’s game against the Falcons. WRs Louis Murphy and Steve Smith and RB DeAngelo Williams benefit from a fantasy perspective with LaFell and Stewart out.
- Jets QB Tim Tebow is active and Greg McElroy is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. Tebow will be Mark Sanchez’s backup, but coming off a rib injury, it’s unlikely he will see any carries out of the “Wildcat.”
- Jets TE Dustin Keller (ankle) is inactive. TE Jeff Cumberland is worth a look in deep leagues, as he has seen plenty of targets this season and caught a touchdown last week.
- Jaguars RBs Rashad Jennings and Maurice Jones-Drew are both inactive for Sunday’s game against the Jets, as expected. RB Montell Owens will get plenty of touches, but the Jets’ run defense has played well of late.