About the Author
Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain
Updated 2:56 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 18
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon Week 11 games:
- Saints RB Darren Sproles (hand) is inactive, despite returning to practice this past week. That means Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram and Chris Ivory will share the load against the Raiders, and Sproles' absence increase the fantasy value for each back.
- Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (hamstring) is active and against a poor Saints pass defense, is worth a start, even though he's likely not at 100 percent.
- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is inactive as expected as he continues to heel an ankle injury suffered in Week Two. This allows for more opportunities for Rob Gronkowski and the other Patriots' pass catchers.
- Chargers RB Ryan Mathews (neck) is active after missing some practice time this week. He has played well against Denver in his career, but the Broncos have a stout run defense and his carries could be limited. It's hard to ekep Mathews out of your lineup, though.
Here are the key fantasy injury updates for the early Week 11 games:
- Falcons WR Julio Jones (ankle) will play in Sunday’s game against the Cardinals. Even if Jones is not at 100 percent, he should be in all fantasy lineups.
- The Browns will be without CB Joe Haden (oblique) on Sunday, which is good news for fantasy owners who have Cowboys WRs Dez Bryant and Miles Austin.
- Bengals WR Andrew Hawkins (knee) is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. Rookie WR Mohamed Sanu will get his first start, and is worth a look as a bye-week or injury fill-in.
- Jets WR Jeremy Kerley (heel, hamstring) is active for Sunday’s game against the Rams. He’s been the most productive Jets receiver this season and is a solid flex option.
- Texans TE Owen Daniels (back) is active for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars and is a low-end TE-1 in fantasy.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) is back in the starting lineup for the first time since Week Four. Fantasy owners may want to be cautious, but it’s a good sign that Garcon is getting the start, and could return to being Robert Griffin III’s top target.
- Falcons RB Michael Turner (groin) is active, though ESPN reported that Atlanta will look to get Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling more touches because Turner has not been very effective.