Recap of Friday's NFL fines
Posted By PFW staff
The NFL fined the following players on Friday for actions taken in Week Nine games, according to various media outlets.
- Titans S Michael Griffin was fined $20,000 for a horse-collar tackle of Bears RB Matt Forte.
- Titans QB Matt Hasselbeck was fined $15,750 on Wednesday for a horse-collar tackle on Bears CB Kelvin Hayden, who was returning a fumble. Hasselbeck told reporters he is appealing the fine.
- Panthers S Haruki Nakamura was fined $21,000 for striking a defenseless player for his hit on Redskins WR Josh Morgan.
- Panthers DE Greg Hardy was fined $15,750 for roughing the passer for his hit on Redskins QB Robert Griffin III.
- Packers TE Ryan Taylor was fined $21,000 for an illegal blind-side block on Cardinals S Rashad Johnson.
- Ravens LB Dannell Ellerbe was fined $10,000 for striking a defenseless player in the head and neck area for his hit on Browns RB Trent Richardson.
- Raiders S Tyvon Branch was fined $15,750 for unnecessary roughness for a horse-collar tackle.
- Eagles QB Michael Vick was fined $7,875 for a low block on Saints S Roman Harper.
- Colts CB Cassius Vaughn was fined $7,875 for a late hit on Dolphins RB Reggie Bush.