About the Author
Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain
Here are the live Week Nine fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon slate of games:
- As expected, Steelers RBs Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Dwyer are out for Sunday's game against the Giants. Isaac Redman will handle the bulk of the workload for Pittsburgh, along with Chris Rainey.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw is active and will start, as expected, and should be in fantasy lineups.
- Seahawks WR Braylon Edwards is inactive, giving Sidney Rice and Golden Tate more opportunities.
Here are the live Week Nine fantasy injury updates for the early slate of games:
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson is active and will start. PFW’s Eric Edholm reported Saturday that Johnson would be a game-time decision with a knee injury, and his snaps could be limited, but fantasy owners still need to have him in lineups.
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) is active and will start after missing last week. Nelson will be sharing targets with WRs Randall Cobb and James Jones, and may still be limited, but it’s difficult to keep Nelson and his big-play abilities out of fantasy lineups.
- Panthers WR Brandon LaFell is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Redskins. He was doubtful after suffering a concussion. WRs Louis Murphy and Kealoha Pilares, along with TE Greg Olsen, should get more targets in LaFell’s absence.
- Colts RB Donald Brown is active after being downgraded to questionable on Saturday. Vick Ballard is still expected to start. In deep leagues, Brown and Ballard could be fantasy starters, but they face a stout Dolphins run defense, so start with caution.
- Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill is active and will start, but the team is closely monitoring his leg injury. Any setback for Tannehill and Matt Moore will enter the game, like he did last week. The Colts’ defense provides a favorable matchup for Tannehill, but he is a risky fantasy start with his injury.
- Dolphins WR Brian Hartline (groin) is active, though his production has slowed in the past few weeks. He’s Miami’s best deep threat, and worth a start in deep leagues as a bye-week or injury fill-in.
- Redskins WR Aldrick Robinson will get the start on Sunday in place of Pierre Garcon. The ‘Skins could have a productive day through the air, and by starting, Robinson merits consideration by fantasy owners in need of a wideout.