About the Author
Recent posts by Kevin Fishbain
Updated 3:07 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 28
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon Week Eight games.
- Cowboys RB Felix Jones (knee) is active and will start against the Giants. Phillip Tanner will be his backup, as DeMarco Murray (foot) remains out. Jones should be in all fantasy lineups.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) is active for New York, which decreases the fantasy value of David Wilson and Andre Brown.
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the early Week Eight games.
- Packers WR Jordy Nelson (hamstring) is inactive for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars. WR Randall Cobb will start in Nelson’s place and should be in all fantasy lineups. With Nelson and Greg Jennings both out, the fantasy value increases for James Jones and Jermichael Finley as well.
- Rams WR Danny Amendola (shoulder) made the trip to London but will not play against the Patriots. He’s worth stashing, though, for later weeks, especially in PPR leagues.
- Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert (left shoulder) is active and will start against Green Bay. He’s only worth a start in deep or two-quarterback leagues as a bye-week or injury fill-in.
- Chargers WR Eddie Royal (hamstring) is out for Sunday’s game against the Browns. Look for Danario Alexander to get some opportunities as the third wideout, though he’s not worth a fantasy start. Malcom Floyd and Robert Meachem will get a bulk of the targets, along with Antonio Gates.
- Colts RB Donald Brown (knee) is active, but Vick Ballard will still start Sunday against Tennessee. The Titans’ run defense is poor, and Ballard is likely to still get a heavier workload on Sunday, but Brown being active certainly decreases Ballard’s value.
- Steelers RBs Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) and Isaac Redman (ankle) are both inactive for Sunday’s game vs. Washington, which means that Jonathan Dwyer should be in all fantasy lineups. Baron Batch and Chris Rainey will also get some work.
- Seahawks WR Braylon Edwards was a late scratch on Sunday due to a swollen knee. With Doug Baldwin also out, Sidney Rice and Golden Tate have increased fantasy value on Sunday.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) remains out. Josh Morgan will start in his place as the No. 1 wideout and Leonard Hankerson is the No. 2.
- Dolphins WR Jabar Gaffney is active for the first time this season and Anthony Armstrong is inactive. Gaffney will be Miami's No. 3 wideout and is worth keeping an eye on to add to rosters in coming weeks if he is productive.