Live Week Six fantasy injury updates
Posted By PFW staff
Updated 2:48 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 14
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the late-afternoon Week Six games:
- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez is active for the first time since injuring his ankle in Week Two. He will reportedly see limited snaps, and you may want to start a better option at tight end if you have one, though Hernandez figures to see some targets in those limited snaps.
- Cardinals TE Todd Heap is inactive and QB John Skelton returns to being active on gameday, and he will be Kevin Kolb's backup.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks is active for the first time since Week Two for Sunday's game against San Francisco. He went 10-199-1 in Week Two and should be inserted in fantasy lineups.
- Vikings WR Jerome Simpson is inactive with a lower back/foot injury. Michael Jenkins will likely start in his place opposite Percy Harvin.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon is inactive for Sunday's game with a foot injury, but QB Robert Griffin III is active, and will throw to Josh Morgan, Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson in Garcon's absence.
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the early Week Six games:
- Lions RB Kevin Smith is inactive and is a healthy scratch, meaning Mikel Leshoure and Joique Bell will man the backfield vs. the Eagles.
- Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas (concussion) and WR Jabar Gaffney are inactive. RB Lamar Miller will be Reggie Bush’s backup and has some value in deeper leagues as a bye-week or injury fill-in. Gaffney could be the team’s No. 3 receiver when he is ready to enter the lineup, which could come after next week's bye.
- Browns WRs Mohammed Massaquoi (hamstring) and Travis Benjamin (hamstring) are inactive as expected. Josh Gordon will start at wide receiver. The rookie had a pair of touchdown catches last week and could be worth a start.
- Eagles WR/PR Damaris Johnson is inactive, which means DeSean Jackson or Mardy Gilyard will be returning punts.
- Jets rookie WR Stephen Hill (hamstring) returns to the lineup and Clyde Gates (shoulder) is inactive. Hill will be the starting receiver and has some fantasy value, along with WR Jeremy Kerley.
- Jets TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) is active for the first time since Week One and figures to get some targets today for a Jets offense that needs a spark. Keller’s return diminishes the fantasy value of TE Jeff Cumberland, who had a touchdown last week.
- Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (concussion) is active for Oakland's game against Atlanta. Denarius Moore has more fantasy value, but Heyward-Bey had nine catches in his three games this season, and the Raiders could be throwing a lot if they are playing from behind.