Recap of Friday's NFL fines
Posted By PFW staff
Here’s a recap of the players fined Friday for actions taken in Week Five games, according to various media outlets:
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgreald was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness for grabbing Rams CB Janoris Jenkins’ facemask.
- Rams DT Jermelle Cudjo was fined $7,875 for ripping off Cardinals QB Kevin Kolb’s helmet.
- Rams DE Robert Quinn was fined $15,750 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Kolb.
- Chargers LB Melvin Ingram was fined $15,750 for striking a quarterback in the head or neck area for his hit on Saints QB Drew Brees.
- Seahawks DE Chris Clemons was fined $15,750 for roughing the passer against Panthers QB Cam Newton.
- Titans S Michael Griffin was fined $21,000 for unnecessary roughness against a defenseless player for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Vikings WR Michael Jenkins.
- On Thursday, it was reported that Jets OG Matt Slauson was fined $10,000 for an illegal block on Texans LB Brian Cushing. Cushing tore his ACL and will be out for the season. Slauson is appealing the fine.