Updated 3:04 p.m. ET on Sunday, Oct. 7
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the Week Five late-afternoon games:
- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is inactive for Sunday's game against the Broncos after returning to practice this week. He should be ready to return to the lineup, and your fantasy lineups for next week's game against Seattle.
- Bears WR Earl Bennett is inactive, and Dane Sanzenbacher is active for Sunday's game against Jacksonville. Sanzenbacher did not have a catch in Monday night's win over Dallas and is not worth a start in fantasy.
- Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno remains a healthy scratch, meaning Ronnie Hillman and Lance Ball will be the backups to Willis McGahee.
- 49ers RB Brandon Jacobs remains inactive and will not play against the Bills, though he could be ready to return next week when he faces his former team, the Giants.
- Titans WR Kenny Britt (ankle) is active for Sunday's game against the Vikings. He has seven catches for 60 yards in two games this season. His return diminishes the fantasy value of Nate Washington and Kendall Wright, though Britt may be on a pitch count.
Here are the live fantasy injury updates for the Week Five early games:
- Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall (knee) is active for the first time this season. RB Jonathan Dwyer is inactive. Pittsburgh may take it slow with Mendenhall and keep Isaac Redman as the main back, but this is a good game to gauge when to insert Mendenhall into your starting lineups.
- Browns WRs Mohammed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin were ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Giants with hamstring injuries. Cleveland will have four active wide receivers — Greg Little, Josh Gordon, Josh Cribbs and Jordan Norwood.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon is active for Sunday’s game against the Falcons. He had one catch for 20 yards last week in his first game since Week One.
- Redskins RB Ryan Grant is active for his first game with Washington, but Alfred Morris is still expected to get the bulk of the carries.
- Newly acquired Dolphins WR Jabar Gaffney is inactive, making Anthony Armstrong and Marlon Moore the receivers after Brian Hartline and Davone Bess. Neither is worthy of a start, but Gaffney could be when he cracks the lineup.