About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Saturday, Oct. 6 at 11:25 a.m. ET
Byes: Dallas, Detroit, Oakland, Tampa Bay
Here are PFW's Week Five TE rankings:
- Jimmy Graham, Saints vs. Chargers
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots vs. Broncos — INJ
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons at Redskins
- Vernon Davis, 49ers vs. Bills
- Antonio Gates, Chargers at Saints
- Dennis Pitta, Ravens at Chiefs
- Jermichael Finley, Packers vs. Colts
- Owen Daniels, Texans at Jets
- Fred Davis, Redskins vs. Falcons
- Martellus Bennett, Giants vs. Browns
- Greg Olsen, Panthers vs. Seahawks
- Jared Cook, Titans at Vikings
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings vs. Titans
- Heath Miller, Steelers vs. Eagles
- Brent Celek, Eagles at Steelers
- Jacob Tamme, Broncos at Patriots
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals vs. Dolphins
- Scott Chandler, Bills at 49ers
- Joel Dreessen, Broncos at Patriots
- Coby Fleener, Colts vs. Packers — (DOWN), INJ
- Tony Moeaki, Chiefs vs. Ravens
- Kellen Davis, Bears at Jaguars
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins at Bengals
- Jordan Cameron, Browns at Giants
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars vs. Bears
- Dwayne Allen, Colts vs. Packers
- Rob Housler, Cardinals at Rams
- Lance Kendricks, Rams vs. Cardinals
- Ben Watson, Browns at Giants
- James Casey, Texans at Jets
- Ed Dickson, Ravens at Chiefs
- Craig Stevens, Titans at Vikings
- Zach Miller, Seahawks at Panthers
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots vs. Broncos — INJ
- Dustin Keller, Jets vs. Texans — INJ
- Todd Heap, Cardinals at Rams — INJ
Not listed: Kevin Boss, Chiefs
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs.