Updated 7:07 p.m. ET on Sunday, Sept. 23
These are the key fantasy injury updates for the Sunday night Patriots-Ravens game.
- Patriots WR Brandon Lloyd (thigh) is active after being listed as questionable. He has been one of Tom Brady's top targets this season and is a solid fantasy start this evening.
- Ravens WR Torrey Smith is active. Smith's younger brother died late Saturday evening in a motorcycle accident.
These are the key fantasy injury updates for the late afternoon games in Week Three.
- Cardinals TE Todd Heap (knee) and QB John Skelton (ankle) are inactive. QB Kevin Kolb will start against the Eagles and Jeff King is expected to start at tight end.
- For the Chargers, TE Antonio Gates (ribs) and RB Ryan Mathews (clavicle) return to the lineup, and RB Ronnie Brown is inactive. Gates should start in all fantasy formats, along with Mathews, who makes his 2012 debut on Sunday against Atlanta. Mathews may not see the type of touches we expected before his preseason injury, but he will still be San Diego's top back.
- Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno is inactive and a healthy scratch. Rookie Ronnie Hillman will likely take up his role as Denver's third-down back. Hillman has not played yet this season as he got back to full health following a hamstring injury in the preseason.
These are the key fantasy injury updates for the early games in Week Three.
- Rams RB Steven Jackson (groin) is active and will start. He tested out his groin injury on the field and was a late decision to play. Jackson has a tough matchup against the Bears’ defense and we should still see some of rookie Daryl Richardson, who rushed for 83 yards on 15 carries last week.
- Saints WR Marques Colston, who was questionable with a foot injury, is active and will start in Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. Colston is a must-start in all fantasy formats.
- Jaguars RB Rashad Jennings is inactive with a groin injury, which means Maurice Jones-Drew can expect the bulk of the carries and Montell Owens will be his backup.
- 49ers WR Ted Ginn (ankle) and RB Brandon Jacobs are inactive for Sunday’s game against the Vikings. Both were listed as questionable on Friday’s injury report.
- Jets TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) was ruled out on Saturday and TE Jeff Cumberland will get the start against the Dolphins. He is a fantasy sleeper pick in deeper leagues, as the Dolphins struggle against tight ends.
- Lions TE Tony Scheffler (calf) is inactive after being listed as doubtful, which means more targets for TE Brandon Pettigrew.
- Lions RB Mikel Leshoure will start in Week Three. He missed his entire rookie season with an Achilles injury and was suspended for the first two games of the 2012 season.
- Redskins WR Pierre Garcon (foot) is inactive after being listed as doubtful on Friday. Look for Aldrick Robinson and Leonard Hankerson to help pick up the slack at wide receiver. Hankerson is expected to start, making him a fantasy sleeper this week.
- Colts WR Austin Collie (concussion) is active, but Donnie Avery is getting the start in Sunday’s game against Jacksonville.