About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Saturday, Sept. 21 at 11:30 a.m. ET
Here are PFW's Week Three defensive rankings:
- San Francisco 49ers at Vikings
- Chicago Bears vs. Rams
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Buccaneers
- New York Jets at Dolphins
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Raiders
- Houston Texans at Broncos
- Philadelphia Eagles at Cardinals
- Detroit Lions at Titans
- Green Bay Packers at Seahawks
- Buffalo Bills at Browns
- Cleveland Browns vs. Bills
- Miami Dolphins vs. Jets
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Patriots
- Denver Broncos vs. Texans
- Arizona Cardinals vs. Eagles
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Packers
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Jaguars
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Colts
- New England Patriots at Ravens
- Atlanta Falcons at Chargers
- New York Giants at Panthers
- San Diego Chargers vs. Falcons
- Oakland Raiders vs. Steelers
- St. Louis Rams at Bears
- New Orleans Saints vs. Chiefs
- Cincinnati Bengals at Redskins
- Carolina Panthers vs. Giants
- Washington Redskins vs. Bengals
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Cowboys
- Tennessee Titans vs. Lions
- Minnesota Vikings vs. 49ers
- Kansas City Chiefs at Saints
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.