Texans DE Antonio Smith was fined $21,000 for kicking Dolphins OG Richie Incognito. Smith said he will appeal the fine.
Incognito was seen on Smith’s ankle after a Dolphins fumble, and Smith kicked him off. Smith has said during the week that Incognito was playing dirty and trying to injure his ankles. According to PFW correspondent John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Incognito was not fined.
Here are other fines that the NFL handed out on Friday for actions in Week One games:
• Cowboys OLT Tyron Smith was fined $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle of Giants LB Michael Boley, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.
• Vikings DT Letroy Guion was fined $7,875 for a personal foul on a hit on Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert, and DE Everson Griffen was fined $15,750 for roughing the passer and making helmet-to-helmet contact with the quarterback, according to PFW correspondent Tom Pelissero of ESPN 1500.
• Bengals S Taylor Mays was fined $21,000 for unnecessary roughness for helmet-to-helmet contact with a defenseless player, per PFW correspondent Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.
• Broncos S Rahim Moore was fined $21,000 for striking a defenseless player in the head and neck area when he hit Steelers WR Antonio Brown, according to the Denver Post. Moore was flagged on the play.
• Dolphins C Mike Pouncey was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness for striking an opponent late, per Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post.
• Eagles DE Jason Babin was fined $15,750 for roughing Browns QB Brandon Weeden.