About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Here are PFW's Week Two defensive rankings:
- New England Patriots vs. Cardinals
- Houston Texans at Jaguars
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jets
- San Francisco 49ers vs. Lions
- Dallas Cowboys at Seahawks
- Baltimore Ravens at Eagles
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Browns
- New York Giants vs. Buccaneers
- New York Jets at Steelers
- Buffalo Bills vs. Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders at Dolphins
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Cowboys
- Washington Redskins at Rams
- San Diego Chargers vs. Titans
- Atlanta Falcons vs. Broncos
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Ravens
- Tennessee Titans at Chargers
- New Orleans Saints at Panthers
- Green Bay Packers vs. Bears
- Denver Broncos at Falcons
- Cleveland Browns at Bengals
- Chicago Bears at Packers
- Minnesota Vikings at Colts
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Vikings
- Kansas City Chiefs at Bills
- St. Louis Rams vs. Redskins
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Texans
- Miami Dolphins vs. Raiders
- Carolina Panthers vs. Saints
- Detroit Lions at 49ers
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Giants
- Arizona Cardinals at Patriots
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.