About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Titans
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. 49ers
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Redskins
- Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Rams
- Cam Newton, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Cowboys
- Michael Vick, Eagles at Browns
- Tony Romo, Cowboys at Giants
- Jay Cutler, Bears vs. Colts
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Chiefs
- Robert Griffin III, Redskins at Saints
- Peyton Manning, Broncos vs. Steelers
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Raiders
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Broncos
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks at Cardinals
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Bengals
- Matt Schaub, Texans vs. Dolphins
- Andrew Luck, Colts at Bears
- Carson Palmer, Raiders vs. Chargers
- Jake Locker, Titans vs. Patriots
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Packers
- Sam Bradford, Rams at Lions
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Matt Cassel, Chiefs vs. Falcons
- Christian Ponder, Vikings vs. Jaguars
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Vikings
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Ravens
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Jets
- Mark Sanchez, Jets vs. Bills
- John Skelton, Cardinals vs. Seahawks
- Brandon Weeden, Browns vs. Eagles
- Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins at Texans
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs.