About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Here are PFW's Week One PK rankings:
- Shayne Graham, Texans vs. Dolphins
- Jason Hanson, Lions vs. Rams
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots at Titans
- Robbie Gould, Bears vs. Colts
- Garrett Hartley, Saints vs. Redskins
- Matt Bryant, Falcons at Chiefs
- Mason Crosby, Packers at 49ers
- Sebastian Janikowski, Chargers at Raiders
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks at Cardinals
- David Akers, 49ers at Packers
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Cowboys
- Matt Prater, Broncos vs. Steelers
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Giants
- Alex Henery, Eagles at Browns
- Justin Medlock, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Nate Kaeding, Chargers at Raiders
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs vs. Falcons
- Nick Folk, Jets vs. Bills
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers at Broncos
- Justin Tucker, Ravens vs. Bengals
- Rob Bironas, Titans vs. Patriots
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Phil Dawson, Browns vs. Eagles
- Rian Lindell, Bills at Jets
- Greg Zuerlein, Rams at Lions
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts at Bears
- Blair Walsh, Vikings vs. Jaguars
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars at Vikings
- Mike Nugent, Bengals at Ravens
- Jay Feely, Cardinals vs. Seahawks
- Billy Cundiff, Redskins at Saints
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins at Texans
Not listed: None
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs.