Britt says he's ready for whatever Goodell decides

Titans agree to terms with DE Pitoitua

Posted March 25, 2013 @ 2:46 p.m.

Titans make twin killing; sign OG Levitre, TE Walker

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:39 p.m.

Titans OLG Hutchinson retires after 12 NFL seasons

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:17 p.m.

Tennessee Titans: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 9:49 p.m.

No tag for Cook ups ante for Titans as FA approaches

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Titans sign SS Wilson

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 5:04 p.m.

Foxworth: Players don't trust Goodell, NFL

Posted Feb. 19, 2013 @ 7:35 p.m.

Titans add Steve Hoffman to coaching staff

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:32 p.m.

Goodell paid more than $29 million by NFL in 2011

Posted Feb. 16, 2013 @ 10:26 a.m.

Williams apologizes for Saints' bounty scandal

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 4:57 p.m.
Posted Aug. 08, 2012 @ 9:46 p.m. ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Titans receiver Kenny Britt says he's ready for whatever punishment NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell metes out following his latest run-in with police.

Britt spoke Wednesday for the first time since his July 20 DUI arrest on the Fort Campbell, Ky., Army post. He was summoned to Goodell's office on Monday to discuss the arrest, which came less than a year after the commissioner called him in last August for a string of incidents during the lockout, but didn't suspend him.

"He wasn't that pleased at seeing me in there," said Britt. "No person would like to see their players in their office twice in one year."

Britt attempted to pass through a security gate at the Fort Campbell Army installation on the Tennessee-Kentucky state line when police stopped him. The DUI charge was Britt's eighth run-in with police since he was drafted in 2009.

Britt is keeping details of Monday's meeting confidential.

"It was a personal meeting. I'd rather wait to see what happens," he said. "I'll go off what off his decision is. ... I'm a man about what I did and I'm going to take it on the chin, whatever he decides, and move forward."

Asked if he is worried about a suspension, Britt replied, "Everybody should be worried if they see the commissioner twice in one year."

The receiver said he does have regret over the matter, and that he hopes to learn from his mistakes.

"I regret every incident in my life the same. The things I did in the past you have to learn from all our mistakes," Britt said. "I'm going to learn from every mistake that I do in life. I'm going to learn from mistakes that people do in their life and move forward."

Britt is on the physically unable to perform list as he recovers from his third surgery on his knees within the past year.

His last procedure came in June on his left knee. He tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in September and had a cleanup on it in May.

"It felt the best since I had my last surgery and that was about four weeks ago," he said. "It feels good, it still stiffened a little when I first got out there. It's feeling good and I'll take it day by day."

©2012 by STATS LLC and Associated Press.
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited.