Giants S Sash suspended four games

2013 NFL draft order

Posted April 25, 2013 @ 12:46 p.m.

2013 NFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

2013 AFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

Warmack, Cooper scouting reports

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 11:02 a.m.

Elam, Vaccaro scouting reports

Posted April 12, 2013 @ 9:26 a.m.

Milliner, Mathieu scouting reports

Posted April 11, 2013 @ 1:48 p.m.

Te'o, Ogletree scouting reports

Posted April 10, 2013 @ 12:57 p.m.

Lotulelei, Werner scouting reports

Posted April 09, 2013 @ 3:13 p.m.

Joeckel, Long scouting reports

Posted April 08, 2013 @ 11:35 a.m.

2013 preseason schedule

Posted April 04, 2013 @ 4:07 p.m.
Posted July 31, 2012 @ 4:16 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

Giants S Tyler Sash was suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Sash, a second-year player, said in a statement to reporters that the failed drug test was due to taking a prescription drug.

"I took a prescription drug (Adderall) legally under a doctor's care for an anxiety condition during the offseason in March of this year. The purpose was to help me with public speaking appearances," Sash said, according to the New Jersey Star Ledger. "I had no idea that this prescription drug was banned by NFL policy. Although I take full responsibility for this situation, I also want to state that I have never cheated or taken performance-enhancing drugs, and I frown on those who do.

"I am highly disappointed by the league's decision in this matter, but I will continue to do my best on and off the field. … From this point on, I will be more conscientious about every single thing I put in my body. Once again, I want to reiterate that I have never been and will never be associated in any way with performance-enhancing drugs. The timing of this positive test was March 2012, a time during which there is no physical performance required of me. I hope this explanation reinforces my innocence and shows that my intentions were pure.”

Sash played in all 16 regular-season games last season and the team’s four playoff games, recording 17 tackles and one forced fumble. He led the Giants with 11 special-teams tackles.

Sash’s teammate, RB Andre Brown, successfully appealed his suspension in the spring for using Adderall.