Report: Lions' Berry arrested for DUI

2013 NFL draft order

Posted April 25, 2013 @ 12:46 p.m.

2013 NFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

2013 AFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

Warmack, Cooper scouting reports

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 11:02 a.m.

Elam, Vaccaro scouting reports

Posted April 12, 2013 @ 9:26 a.m.

Milliner, Mathieu scouting reports

Posted April 11, 2013 @ 1:48 p.m.

Te'o, Ogletree scouting reports

Posted April 10, 2013 @ 12:57 p.m.

Lotulelei, Werner scouting reports

Posted April 09, 2013 @ 3:13 p.m.

Joeckel, Long scouting reports

Posted April 08, 2013 @ 11:35 a.m.

2013 preseason schedule

Posted April 04, 2013 @ 4:07 p.m.
Posted June 26, 2012 @ 11:42 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

Lions CB Aaron Berry was arrested on DUI and other driving charges in Harrisburg, Pa. on Saturday morning, WXYZ-TV reported Tuesday.

According to the report, Berry is alleged to have driven his car into parked vehicles early Saturday morning.

The 24-year-old Berry was also charged with two counts of failure to stop and give information to law enforcement and a pair of counts of causing accidental damage to an unattended vehicle or property. Berry declined a breathalyzer test.

Berry is expected to compete for a starting spot this season. He played in 11 games (three starts) in 2011 for Detroit, defending 11 passes and recording 31 tackles.

The Lions released the following statement on Berry's arrest:

"We are extremely disappointed in the reports involving Aaron Berry and the incident in Pennsylvania this past weekend. This is not the standard of behavior we expect from any member of our organization. We have strongly and repeatedly emphasized the need to be accountable on and off the field, which makes this incident with Aaron all the more disappointing. We will have further comments regarding this situation when appropriate.”

Paradigm Sports Management, the agency that represents Berry, posted the following statement from Berry on its Facebook page:

"I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend. This is not the example I want to set for young people and it’s certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me.”

The way we see it

The report of Berry's arrest is another dose of unneeded news for the Lions. RB Mikel Leshoure will miss the first two games of 2012 after being suspended for a pair of marijuana arrests, and DT Nick Fairley is facing DUI and marijuana charges. If Berry is found guilty or pleads guilty to the DUI charge, he could face discipline via the NFL's substance-abuse policy.