LAKE FOREST, Ill. — The Bears introduced Brandon Marshall at a press conference Friday, and he addressed the March 11 incident outside a New York club, where he allegedly hit a 24-year-old woman in the face as a fight ensued.
Marshall's wife was reportedly hit in the face with a thrown bottle.
"Once the process has taken its course, my wife and I will be shown in a light that we should be," Marshall said. "My wife is recovering. She's better. She's fine, but she's also excited for this opportunity for our family. ... In due time, I think the truth will be out and we're excited about that.
"Given my history, I definitely understand the concern or the questions, but there's not too much I can go into regarding that."
The controversial wide receiver was acquired for two third-round picks in a trade with the Dolphins on Tuesday.
Bears GM Phil Emery, who released a statement earlier this week saying the Bears and Dolphins were aware of the incident before the trade was made, said Thursday that the league has contacted the Bears about Marshall's involvement in the fight over the weekend.
Marshall, who has been suspended by the NFL previously for violating the league's personal conduct policy, was asked Friday if he feared that another suspension could be coming his way following the league's investigation of the incident in New York.
"Absolutely not," Marshall said. "No fear at all. Like I said, once it has taken its course, I think you'll see things totally different. We're excited about the process. We're excited about the direction it's going in.
"I understand and I get the perception out there. Those are the seeds that I planted early on in my career up until last year. Like I said, I'm not afraid. I've been here before, but this time it's a little different and I'm excited about that difference."
Marshall was also asked if New York police contacted him.
"As of right now, they do not want to talk to me," he said.
Follow Dan Parr on Twitter