Titans WR Britt reports progress in recovery from knee injury

2013 NFL draft order

Posted April 25, 2013 @ 12:46 p.m.

2013 NFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

2013 AFC free-agent moves, by team

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 12:21 p.m.

Warmack, Cooper scouting reports

Posted April 15, 2013 @ 11:02 a.m.

Elam, Vaccaro scouting reports

Posted April 12, 2013 @ 9:26 a.m.

Milliner, Mathieu scouting reports

Posted April 11, 2013 @ 1:48 p.m.

Te'o, Ogletree scouting reports

Posted April 10, 2013 @ 12:57 p.m.

Lotulelei, Werner scouting reports

Posted April 09, 2013 @ 3:13 p.m.

Joeckel, Long scouting reports

Posted April 08, 2013 @ 11:35 a.m.

2013 preseason schedule

Posted April 04, 2013 @ 4:07 p.m.
Posted Feb. 17, 2012 @ 11:37 a.m. ET
By PFW staff

Titans WR Kenny Britt told the team's website that he definitely will be ready for the 2012 season, after missing the bulk of last season with ACL and MCL injuries. Britt said that he already has begun working out.

"Well now I'm doing everything except for cutting, so I'm doing the jogging around, I'm doing the running on the treadmill," Britt said. "Tomorrow I'll get to go on the field and see how that goes for me, and hopefully I'll be back sooner or later."

Britt said that after suffering early setbacks, everything has gone very smoothly, and he said that he is now 100 percent healthy. He said that he actually is ahead of schedule in his rehab. However, he has no idea when he will be cleared to practice again.

"Right now, I have no idea, I'm just going with whatever the trainers are telling me to do," Britt said. "I'm just happy to get on the field. I opened up the doors today and I smelled that green grass out there and I love that smell, just to go out there, and be out there with the friends and stuff like that. My timetable, I really don't know. I'm not wishing away time and all the time I have, I'm going to use it."

Britt said that he has managed to stay at his ideal playing weight throughout his recovery process. He currently weighs between 213-215 pounds, which is exactly where he said he wanted to be at this point. He said that his doctors told him that he can expect to be back for training camp, but he said that he is hoping for an earlier return, perhaps in June.

He said that his teammates have been a constant source of inspiration. He noted how many of his teammates already were training in the facility in mid-February, something he said was necessary after a turbulent transition year, which resulted in a 9-7 finish after the adjustment to a new coaching staff.

"I'm happy to see everybody in there because it gives me motivation just to get back," Britt said. "It's definitely surprising to see how many people are in here. It felt like we had nearly our whole team here. It felt like football never ended at the Titans' facility. That's something that we need because we had a short year last year with the lockout and everything. We had new coaches and we really didn't have all the time that we wanted to get ahead of ourselves."

After finishing with 42 receptions and 700-plus yards in each of his first two seasons with the Titans, Britt was on pace for a banner campaign in 2011 with more than 135 yards in each of the Titans' first two games before sustaining his season-ending injury in Week Three.