About the Author
Recent posts by Nolan Nawrocki
The following is the second in a series of scouting reports for draft prospects who are participating in this year's Senior Bowl. These reports from PFW draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki will be running all week leading up to Saturday evening's game in Mobile, Ala.
ORG Kevin Zeitler, #70
Height: 6-3 7/8 Weight: 315 Speed: 5.30e
Arm: 32 1/2 Hand: 10 1/8 Age: 22
Also lettered in wrestling (two) and track and field (one) as a Wisconsin prep. Missed a portion of 2008 fall camp (left ankle) before appearing in three games as a true freshman in '08. Started all 13 games at right guard in '09. Played all 13 games in '10, starting the final nine at the ORG spot once the high ankle sprain he suffered in preseason camp had healed. Sprained his left ankle during '11 fall camp but started all 14 games as a senior.
- Excellent mass and girth — thick-bodied and wide-shouldered
- Midwestern work ethic
- Tough, smart and competitive
- Superb weight-room and functional playing strength
- Good grip strength to lock up, steer and control
- Plays on his feet with balance
- Lumbers some on the move and can be stressed by quickness
- Labors to connect with a moving target on the second level
- Can do a better job gauging his power, striking with more power
- Tends to grab and hold more than strike and re-load punch
- Has a history of ankle injuries
The way we see it
A very smart, steady, blue-collar man blocker capable of eliminating defenders when he gets his hands on them, Zeitler can step into a lineup readily but may always have some struggles handling quickness. Was a mainstay on one of the best offensive lines in college football.
Draft projection: Second round
Follow our weeklong coverage of the Senior Bowl, with daily reports on practices, analysis, features and columns from our reporters in Mobile, Ala., along with videos, and concluding with a game story Saturday evening.