Rolle confident in Giants' chances vs. 49ers

Giants sign OG Boothe; line returns for '13

Posted March 25, 2013 @ 2:25 p.m.

Colts add OT Cherilus, CB Toler

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:31 p.m.

Broncos sign former Chargers OG Vasquez

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:20 p.m.

49ers acquire WR Boldin from Ravens

Posted March 11, 2013 @ 5:57 p.m.

Saints re-sign Galette

Posted March 09, 2013 @ 1:31 p.m.

Chiefs add CB Robinson

Posted March 09, 2013 @ 8:58 a.m.

San Francisco 49ers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 9:35 p.m.

New York Giants: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 6:20 p.m.

New Orleans Saints: 2013 team needs

Posted March 08, 2013 @ 6:16 p.m.

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.
Posted Jan. 18, 2012 @ 4:30 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

It was a seemingly innocent comment made on national TV. San Francisco TE Vernon Davis, fresh off a game-winning touchdown reception against New Orleans, said that he was rooting for the Giants to defeat the Packers so the 49ers could play another game at home. If the Packers had won, the 49ers would have been forced to head to Lambeau Field. Now, they can play in front of another roaring crowd of 69,000-plus at Candlestick Park.

Understandable, right? Well, Giants S Antrel Rolle wants to make sure that home-field advantage is the only reason Davis was rooting for New York. He indicated that if the 49ers thought they were getting an easy way out by playing the Giants, who finished six games behind the Packers in the regular season, they had another thing coming.

"They better be careful what they ask for," Rolle was quoted as saying in the New York Daily News. "Because their wish has been granted."

In fact, Rolle went further on Monday, predicting victory over any and all foes.

"I might be a little biased, but in our minds, we can’t be beat,” Rolle said. “We wouldn’t say we’re unstoppable, but our mindset is extreme at this point. We’re not going to be denied."

The Giants are clearly a confident bunch. Last week, DE Jason Pierre-Paul predicted victory over the Packers, stating, "One hundred percent we’re going to win … because we’re the best."

Other members of the Giants were more respectful than Rolle, including OG Chris Snee, who told the Daily News that "it's not going to be easy" going up against "as good a defense as we've seen all year, if not the best."

Not that Rolle was really making such considerations.

"I don't give a damn who we're playing, man," Rolle added. "That's my take. I'll take any opponent, any given day. That's my attitude. If someone has a problem with it, oh well. But that's how I am. That's how I was raised. I don't shy away from any opponent. My heart doesn't pump any Kool-Aid, only blood. I'm ready for whenever, however, whatever, however it gets to me. I'm ready for it."