They said it: Packers playoff bye-week edition

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Packers QB to skip Pro Bowl because of injuries

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:33 p.m.

Chiefs hire Packers' Dorsey as GM

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:37 a.m.
Posted Jan. 05, 2012 @ 12:20 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

What follows are some noteworthy quotes from Packers players and coaches during the team's bye week in advance of its playoff opener Jan. 15 at Lambeau Field:

Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers on the play of OLBs Brad Jones, Vic So'oto and Frank Zombo in the regular-season finale vs. Detroit: "I thought Brad Jones had a very good game. I thought he played physical in the run. Of course, he had the sack. I thought he had two or three good rushes. I thought Vic So'oto, you saw him show up in terms of rushing. And Frank Zombo did a pretty nice job in the run, so we're going to get those guys reps this week and take a good look, see how things go and make a decision on who we decide to go with (at right outside linebacker)." (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).

Packers OLB Brad Jones on his level of play this season despite limited action: "I think I'm really constantly improving. I always see myself, I watch the film, and I think I'm always improving. I feel like I'm 10 times better every couple of games. I definitely think I'm better than previously. (Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette).

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy on veteran OLT Chad Clifton's Week 17 performance — his first game in nearly three months: "I thought he started off a little hesitant on the first series, but I think once he got into the flow of the game he did very well in the pass protection. We need to work him a full week and make sure he's ready." (Source: Packers.com).

Packers WR Greg Jennings on the knee injury (torn left MCL) he suffered in the Packers' Dec. 11 victory over Oakland that forced him to miss the final three games of the regular season: "Right now, my knee is as stable as it's going to be, and it's been as stable as it's going to get for the last two weeks now. So I've pretty much been cleared to do most things that we need to do as a receiver to perform at a high level. From a couple weeks ago, like I said, it was just all mental — just making sure that I trust my knee, to know that it's not going to tear again." (Source: Associated Press).

Packers RB James Starks on the status of the knee and ankle injuries that have hindered him in recent weeks: "Oh yeah, I'm going to be fine (for the playoffs. Everybody plays with injuries, nicks and bruises here and there. I'll be fine." (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).