About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Jan. 1, 2012 @ 3:43 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Bills
- Cam Newton, Panthers at Saints
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Cowboys
- Michael Vick, Eagles vs. Redskins
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Packers
- Tim Tebow, Broncos vs. Chiefs
- Kyle Orton, Chiefs at Broncos
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Raiders
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Panthers
- Carson Palmer, Raiders vs. Chargers
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at Browns
- Dan Orlovsky, Colts at Jaguars
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Patriots
- John Skelton, Cardinals vs. Seahawks
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans at Texans
- Rex Grossman, Redskins at Eagles
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers at Falcons
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Dolphins
- Josh McCown, Bears at Vikings
- Andy Dalton, Bengals vs. Ravens
- Joe Flacco, Ravens at Bengals
- Matt Flynn, Packers vs. Lions
- Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks at Cardinals
- Matt Ryan, Falcons vs. Buccaneers
- Matt Moore, Dolphins vs. Jets
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Rams
- Christian Ponder, Vikings vs. Bears — UP
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Lions — INACTIVE (coach's decision)
- T.J. Yates, Texans vs. Titans
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars vs. Colts
- Seneca Wallace, Browns vs. Steelers
- Kellen Clemens, Rams vs. 49ers
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. Seahawks — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Sam Bradford, Rams; Jay Cutler, Bears; Peyton Manning, Colts; Colt McCoy, Browns
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.