About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 24, 2011 @ 12:25 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots vs. Dolphins
- Jimmy Graham, Saints vs. Falcons
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots vs. Dolphins
- Antonio Gates, Chargers at Lions
- Jason Witten, Cowboys vs. Eagles
- Jermichael Finley, Packers vs. Bears
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons at Saints
- Vernon Davis, 49ers at Seahawks
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions vs. Chargers
- Dustin Keller, Jets vs. Giants
- Brent Celek, Eagles at Cowboys
- Owen Daniels, Texans at Colts — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Greg Olsen, Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers at Panthers
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals vs. Cardinals
- Joel Dreessen, Texans at Colts — UP
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Jared Cook, Titans vs. Jaguars
- Scott Chandler, Bills vs. Broncos — UP
- Ed Dickson, Ravens vs. Browns
- Kevin Boss, Raiders at Chiefs
- Todd Heap, Cardinals at Bengals
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars at Titans — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Zach Miller, Seahawks vs. 49ers
- Tony Scheffler, Lions vs. Chargers
- Heath Miller, Steelers vs. Rams — DOWN
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings at Redskins
- Travis Beckum, Giants at Jets — UP
- Jacob Tamme, Colts vs. Texans
- Evan Moore, Browns at Ravens
- Leonard Pope, Chiefs vs. Raiders
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings at Redskins
- Lance Kendricks, Rams at Steelers
- Dallas Clark, Colts vs. Texans — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Fred Davis, Redskins; Ben Watson, Browns; Jake Ballard, Giants; Anthony Fasano, Dolphins
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.