About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 24, 2011 @ 12:22 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Falcons
- Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Dolphins
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Bears
- Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Chargers
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Eagles
- Tim Tebow, Broncos at Bills
- Michael Vick, Eagles at Cowboys
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Saints
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Lions
- Eli Manning, Giants at Jets
- Rex Grossman, Redskins vs. Vikings
- Mark Sanchez, Jets vs. Giants
- Carson Palmer, Raiders at Chiefs
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills vs. Broncos
- Andy Dalton, Bengals vs. Cardinals
- Matt Moore, Dolphins at Patriots
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers at Panthers
- John Skelton, Cardinals at Bengals
- Kyle Orton, Chiefs vs. Raiders
- T.J. Yates, Texans at Colts
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Browns
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Seahawks
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans vs. Jaguars
- Dan Orlovsky, Colts vs. Texans
- Christian Ponder, Vikings at Redskins
- Charlie Batch, Steelers vs. Rams
- Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. 49ers
- Seneca Wallace, Browns at Ravens
- Caleb Hanie, Bears at Packers
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Titans
- Kellen Clemens, Rams at Steelers
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals at Bengals — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Sam Bradford, Rams; Jay Cutler, Bears; Peyton Manning, Colts; Colt McCoy, Browns; Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find reg