About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 24, 2011 @ 2:35 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for placekickers:
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots vs. Dolphins
- John Kasay, Saints vs. Falcons
- Jason Hanson, Lions vs. Chargers
- Matt Bryant, Falcons at Saints
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers vs. Rams
- Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders at Chiefs
- Mason Crosby, Packers vs. Bears
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys vs. Eagles
- Rob Bironas, Titans vs. Jaguars
- Neil Rackers, Texans at Colts
- Mike Nugent, Bengals vs. Cardinals
- David Akers, 49ers at Seahawks
- Nick Novak, Chargers at Lions
- Shayne Graham, Ravens vs. Browns — UP
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks vs. 49ers
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs vs. Raiders
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins at Patriots
- Alex Henery, Eagles at Cowboys
- Olindo Mare, Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Matt Prater, Broncos at Bills
- Nick Folk, Jets vs. Giants
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants at Jets
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers at Panthers
- Graham Gano, Redskins vs. Vikings
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts vs. Texans
- Ryan Longwell, Vikings at Redskins
- Dave Rayner, Bills vs. Broncos
- Jay Feeley, Cardinals at Bengals
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars at Titans
- Robbie Gould, Bears at Packers
- Phil Dawson, Browns at Ravens
- Josh Brown, Rams at Steelers
Not listed: Billy Cundiff, Ravens
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.