They said it: Packers edition (Week 16)

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Packers QB to skip Pro Bowl because of injuries

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:33 p.m.

Chiefs hire Packers' Dorsey as GM

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:37 a.m.
Posted Dec. 22, 2011 @ 1:11 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

What follows are some noteworthy quotes from Packers players and coaches in advance of Green Bay's Week 16 game vs. the Bears on Christmas night at Lambeau Field.

Packers OLB Erik Walden on the "coach's decision" to pull him from the lineup late in the loss to the Chiefs: "They (the Chiefs) took advantage of a poor performance, and I'm simply talking about myself. You know when you've done a good job and when you haven't played well. I'm a man, I hold myself accountable and today, I wasn't accountable My alignment and my technique was poor, and it came back to bite me at the end. It's something you never wish to happen. But now it's what you do from this point." (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).

Packers WR Donald Driver on the need to rebound now that a perfect season is no longer possible:

"It (losing a shot at going 19-0) hurts because that's something special. We always talk about, if you get the perfect season, then you're part of greatness, but you take it for what it's worth. Right now, the only thing we can do is go 18-1. If that's 18-1 and you're the Super Bowl champs, I don't think anyone cares about the perfect season after that." (Source: Associated Press).

Packers special-teams coordinator Shawn Slocum on the missed FG attempts vs. the Chiefs by Packers PK Mason Crosby: "The long one, the 59-yarder, he hit it far enough, but he wasn't quite as smooth as he needed to be. When we moved up (to 54 yards), he hit a perfect ball, and the wind didn't blow it in. He had that thing dialed in in pregame and hit it right down the hash mark, and the wind was blowing across the field and blowing them in. I think, under those same circumstances, if he had to do it again, he'd kick it the same way." (Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette).

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy on having no reservations about moving T.J. Lang from left guard to right tackle if necessary this Sunday: "I thought T.J. battled at right tackle. It probably wasn't the prettiest that you would expect, but he knew what he was doing, and he gives us a chance to win. I feel very confident T.J. can play four positions on our offensive line." (Source: Packers.com).

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on whether or not the Chiefs came up with the perfect blueprint for beating the Packers: "I think it's baloney." (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).