Five questions with Packers legend Jerry Kramer

Dan Arkush

darkush@pfwmedia.com
Executive editor

Recent posts by Dan Arkush

Baylor WR Williams in first-round conversation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 2:26 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Seahawks GM likes 'win-win' QB situation

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 6:53 p.m.

Old-school Arians feeling young at heart

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 4:51 p.m.

Packers RB Harris looks like a real keeper

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 1:32 p.m.

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Packers QB to skip Pro Bowl because of injuries

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:33 p.m.

Chiefs hire Packers' Dorsey as GM

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:37 a.m.
Posted Dec. 22, 2011 @ 11:55 a.m. ET
By Dan Arkush

Each week throughout the season, PFW executive editor and resident Packers expert Dan Arkush hooks up with a personality who has connections with the Packers and asks him five Packer-related questions. This week Dan connects with Packers legend Jerry Kramer.

1. Of all the shortcomings the Packers displayed in their first loss of the season last Sunday in Kansas City, which one concerns you the most?

Kramer: It would probably have to be the question marks on the offensive line. We are predominantly a passing team, and if we can't take care of our man Aaron Rodgers, we are in big trouble.

2. How much would it help getting OLT Chad Clifton back into the starting lineup?

Kramer: It would be just wonderful if he was ready to play. I don't know the status of his situation. He would sure fill the bill. You would like to see him get some time to work into shape and get ready for the playoffs. If he's not ready, that's worrisome.

3. How worried are you about the Bears possibly following in the Chiefs' footsteps?

Kramer: There's always that undefinable measure that the Chiefs showed. I think that probably 15 games out of 16, the Packers beat the Chiefs. But the hunger to win is so hard to judge. You don't think the Bears would want to do everything they could to beat the Packers? If this next game isn't the typical knock-down, drag-out fight these two teams always have, I'll walk to Lambeau and clean the stadium.

4. Will you be at the game on Christmas night?

Kramer: Actually, I'll be in good old Boise, absolutely glued to the tube. I just love Bears-Packers games! It's going to be another dogfight.

5. If the Packers win Sunday and clinch home-field advantage through the playoffs, would you rest Aaron Rodgers in Week 17?

Kramer: I don't like to disrupt things. I don't like the idea of sitting a guy and having him possibly not be sharp when he comes back. I didn't like sitting myself at all, and I kind of doubt that Aaron would want to sit. It will be interesting, though. It comes down to a personal decision for the management. What I have liked so much about this year's Packers is that time after time, they came away thinking they could have played every game a little bit better. I find that very encouraging. I wouldn't rest Aaron. If they get home field through the playoffs, he'll get a bye anyway.

(Go to JerryKramer.com/Contests to find out how to enter his weekly Packer PickPrediction and Super Bowl PickPrediction contest.)