About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Here are our fantasy rankings for defenses:
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Rams
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Browns
- Green Bay Packers vs. Bears
- Tennessee Titans vs. Jaguars
- Houston Texans at Colts
- San Francisco 49ers at Seahawks
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cardinals
- Seattle Seahawks vs. 49ers
- Washington Redskins vs. Vikings
- New York Jets vs. Giants
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Raiders
- New England Patriots vs. Dolphins
- Dallas Cowboys vs. Eagles
- Denver Broncos at Bills
- New York Giants at Jets
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Titans
- Philadelphia Eagles at Cowboys
- Cleveland Browns at Ravens
- Oakland Raiders at Chiefs
- Detroit Lions vs. Chargers
- Carolina Panthers vs. Buccaneers
- Minnesota Vikings at Redskins
- New Orleans Saints vs. Falcons
- Buffalo Bills vs. Broncos
- Arizona Cardinals at Bengals
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Texans
- San Diego Chargers at Lions
- Chicago Bears at Packers
- Atlanta Falcons at Saints
- Miami Dolphins at Patriots
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Panthers
- St. Louis Rams at Steelers
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.