About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 18, 2011 @ 12:34 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots at Broncos — UP
- Jimmy Graham, Saints vs. Vikings
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons vs. Jaguars
- Antonio Gates, Chargers vs. Ravens
- Jermichael Finley, Packers at Chiefs
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots at Broncos
- Jason Witten, Cowboys at Buccaneers
- Owen Daniels, Texans vs. Panthers
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions at Raiders
- Greg Olsen, Panthers at Texans
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals at Rams
- Dustin Keller, Jets at Eagles
- Vernon Davis, 49ers vs. Steelers
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins at Bills — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Brent Celek, Eagles vs. Jets
- Kevin Boss, Raiders vs. Lions
- Jake Ballard, Giants vs. Redskins
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers at Cowboys
- Jacob Tamme, Colts vs. Titans — UP
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings vs. Saints
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars at Falcons
- Heath Miller, Steelers at 49ers
- Ed Dickson, Ravens at Chargers
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers at Texans
- Tony Scheffler, Lions at Raiders
- Joel Dreessen, Texans vs. Panthers — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Dennis Pitta, Ravens at Chargers
- Evan Moore, Browns at Cardinals
- Kellen Davis, Bears vs. Seahawks
- Jared Cook, Titans at Colts
- Lance Kendricks, Rams vs. Bengals
- Zach Miller, Seahawks at Bears
- Todd Heap, Cardinals vs. Browns
- Dallas Clark, Colts vs. Titans — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Fred Davis, Redskins; Scott Chandler, Bills; Travis Beckum, Giants; Ben Watson, Browns
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.