About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 18, 2011 @ 12:42 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Drew Brees, Saints at Vikings
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Chiefs
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Broncos
- Tony Romo, Cowboys at Buccaneers
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Redskins
- Matt Ryan, Falcons vs. Jaguars
- Cam Newton, Panthers at Texans
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Raiders
- Tim Tebow, Broncos vs. Patriots
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers at 49ers — INJ
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Rams
- Michael Vick, Eagles vs. Jets
- Joe Flacco, Ravens at Chargers
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Ravens
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills vs. Dolphins
- Rex Grossman, Redskins at Giants
- Carson Palmer, Raiders vs. Lions
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Eagles
- T.J. Yates, Texans vs. Panthers
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Cowboys
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans at Colts — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Christian Ponder, Vikings vs. Saints
- Matt Moore, Dolphins at Bills — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Caleb Hanie, Bears vs. Seahawks
- Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks at Bears
- Dan Orlovsky, Colts vs. Titans
- Kyle Orton, Chiefs vs. Packers
- Alex Smith, 49ers vs. Steelers
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars at Falcons
- Seneca Wallace, Browns at Cardinals
- John Skelton, Cardinals vs. Browns
- Kellen Clemens, Rams vs. Bengals
- Sam Bradford, Rams vs. Bengals — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. Browns — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: Jay Cutler, Bears; Peyton Manning, Colts; Colt McCoy, Browns
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.