About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 18, 2011 @ 8:08 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for placekickers:
- John Kasay, Saints at Vikings
- Matt Bryant, Falcons vs. Jaguars
- Mason Crosby, Packers at Chiefs
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots at Broncos
- Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders vs. Lions
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Buccaneers
- Jason Hanson, Lions at Raiders
- David Akers, 49ers vs. Steelers
- Rob Bironas, Titans at Colts
- Matt Prater, Broncos vs. Patriots
- Neil Rackers, Texans vs. Panthers
- Mike Nugent, Bengals at Rams
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Redskins
- Billy Cundiff, Ravens at Chargers — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins at Bills
- Robbie Gould, Bears vs. Seahawks
- Nick Novak, Chergers vs. Ravens
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers at 49ers
- Nick Folk, Jets at Eagles
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks at Bears
- Alex Henery, Eagles vs. Jets
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts vs. Titans
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers vs. Cowboys
- Ryan Longwell, Vikings vs. Saints
- Jay Feely, Cardinals vs. Browns
- Phil Dawson, Browns at Cardinals
- Dave Rayner, Bills vs. Dolphins — UP
- Josh Brown, Rams vs. Bengals
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs vs. Packers
- Graham Gano, Redskins at Giants
- Olindo Mare, Panthers at Texans
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars at Falcons — INJ
Not listed: Rian Lindell, Bills (I.R.)
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.