About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 12, 2011 @ 7:22 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Raiders
- Tony Romo, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Cam Newton, Panthers vs. Falcons
- Matthew Stafford, Lions vs. Vikings
- Tom Brady, Patriots at Redskins
- Drew Brees, Saints at Titans
- Tim Tebow, Broncos vs. Bears
- Michael Vick, Eagles at Dolphins
- Philip Rivers, Chargers vs. Bills
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Panthers
- Eli Manning, Giants at Cowboys
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers vs. Browns
- Carson Palmer, Raiders at Packers
- Joe Flacco, Ravens vs. Colts
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills at Chargers
- Alex Smith, 49ers at Cardinals
- Andy Dalton, Bengals vs. Texans
- Mark Sanchez, Jets vs. Chiefs
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers at Jaguars — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Matt Moore, Dolphins vs. Eagles
- Rex Grossman, Redskins vs. Patriots
- Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. Rams
- Christian Ponder, Vikings at Lions — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans vs. Saints
- Caleb Hanie, Bears at Broncos
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. 49ers
- Dan Orlovsky, Colts at Ravens
- T.J. Yates, Texans at Bengals
- Sam Bradford, Rams at Seahawks — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Colt McCoy, Browns at Steelers
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars vs. Buccaneers
- Tyler Palko, Chiefs at Jets
Not listed: Jay Cutler, Bears; Peyton Manning, Colts; A.J. Feeley, Rams
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.