About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 11, 2011 @ 4:02 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots at Redskins
- Jimmy Graham, Saints at Titans
- Antonio Gates, Chargers vs. Bills
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons at Panthers
- Jason Witten, Cowboys vs. Giants
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots at Redskins
- Jermichael Finley, Packers vs. Raiders
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions vs. Vikings
- Vernon Davis, 49ers at Cardinals
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers at Jaguars
- Brent Celek, Eagles at Dolphins
- Owen Daniels, Texans at Bengals
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins vs. Eagles
- Dustin Keller, Jets vs. Chiefs
- Greg Olsen, Panthers vs. Falcons — UP
- Dallas Clark, Colts at Ravens — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Jake Ballard, Giants at Cowboys
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers vs. Falcons
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals vs. Texans
- Ed Dickson, Ravens vs. Colts
- Heath Miller, Steelers vs. Browns
- Tony Scheffler, Lions vs. Vikings
- Kevin Boss, Raiders at Packers — UP
- Kellen Davis, Bears at Broncos
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings at Lions
- Dennis Pitta, Ravens vs. Colts
- Jared Cook, Titans vs. Saints
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars vs. Buccaneers — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Jacob Tamme, Colts at Ravens — DOWN
- Joel Dreessen, Texans at Bengals
- Ben Watson, Browns at Steelers
- Evan Moore, Browns at Steelers
- Zach Miller, Seahawks vs. Rams
- Todd Heap, Cardinals vs. 49ers — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Randy McMichael, Chargers vs. Bills
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings at Lions
- Travis Beckum, Giants at Cowboys
- Delanie Walker, 49ers at Cardinals
- Logan Paulsen, Redskins vs. Patriots
Not listed: Fred Davis, Redskins; Scott Chandler, Bills
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.