About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 11, 2011 @ 12:46 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for placekickers:
- David Akers, 49ers at Cardinals
- Mason Crosby, Packers vs. Raiders
- Matt Bryant, Falcons at Panthers
- Jason Hanson, Lions vs. Vikings
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots at Redskins
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys vs. Giants
- John Kasay, Saints at Titans
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers vs. Browns
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks vs. Rams
- Olindo Mare, Panthers vs. Falcons
- Billy Cundiff, Ravens vs. Colts — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Matt Prater, Broncos vs. Bears
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins vs. Eagles
- Rob Bironas, Titans vs. Saints
- Nick Novak, Chargers vs. Bills
- Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders at Packers
- Nick Folk, Jets vs. Chiefs
- Neil Rackers, Texans at Bengals
- Mike Nugent, Bengals vs. Texans
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants at Cowboys
- Robbie Gould, Bears at Broncos
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers at Jaguars
- Alex Henery, Eagles at Dolphins
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars vs. Buccaneers
- Ryan Longwell, Vikings at Lions
- Dave Rayner, Bills at Chargers
- Graham Gano, Redskins vs. Patriots
- Jay Feely, Cardinals vs. 49ers
- Phil Dawson, Browns at Steelers
- Josh Brown, Rams at Seahawks
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts at Ravens
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs at Jets
- Rian Lindell, Bills at Chargers — INJ
Not listed: none
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.