They said it: Packers edition (Week 14)

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.

Packers QB to skip Pro Bowl because of injuries

Posted Jan. 15, 2013 @ 5:33 p.m.

Chiefs hire Packers' Dorsey as GM

Posted Jan. 13, 2013 @ 1:37 a.m.
Posted Dec. 08, 2011 @ 3:52 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

What follows are some noteworthy quotes from Packers players and coaches worth pondering in advance of Green Bay's Week 14 game vs. the Raiders at Lambeau Field this Sunday.

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy on the Packers' game-winning drive vs. the Giants: "That was as clean of a two-minute drive that I think I've been a part of. (Aaron Rodgers) did an excellent job, right off the script, it's something that we go through in the quarterback room every Thursday and put up the thoughts that you're thinking, the starter call, above one minute, under one minute." (Source: Green Bay Press Gazette).

Packers PK Mason Crosby on his reaction to his game-winning 31-yard field goal with no time remaining vs. the Giants: "I blacked out a little bit. I hit it and I just forgot to celebrate. It felt just right. I was kind of in a zone on it. When it came off my foot I was like,' Let's go get on the plane and get back to Green Bay.'" (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).

Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers on his defense's communication problems last Sunday on big plays by Giants TE Travis Beckum (67-yard catch-and-run touchdown) and WRs Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz: "We did have a couple of times when the headset went out. One of them did cost us. I made a call and it ended up in them making a big play." (Source: Packers.com).

Newly activated Packers QB Graham Harrell on the decision he had to make between signing with the Bills and remaining with the Packers: "They (the Bills) were very interested. I don't know what the quarterback situation is there. They didn't say they were giving (me) a position or anything like that. They just said, 'We want to have you here,' and (my agent) said they were very interested and picked you and wanted you to come. Being here, it's been too great of a place to me and I've enjoyed every minute I've been here. This is too good of an organization to leave if you have an opportunity to stay." (Source: The Associated Press).

Packers WR Greg Jennings on how surprised he was to see Aaron Rodgers throw an interception last Sunday: "He's thrown as many interceptions as I've personally had drops — probably one more. When you set a high standard as an individual first, and collectively as a team, that's the expectation. It's like, 'Wow, seriously?' " (Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).