About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 4, 2011 @ 12:52 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for tight ends:
- Jimmy Graham, Saints vs. Lions
- Rob Gronkowski, Patriots vs. Colts
- Tony Gonzalez, Falcons at Texans
- Antonio Gates, Chargers at Jaguars
- Aaron Hernandez, Patriots vs. Colts
- Jason Witten, Cowboys at Cardinals
- Jermichael Finley, Packers at Giants
- Vernon Davis, 49ers vs. Rams
- Brent Celek, Eagles at Seahawks
- Kellen Winslow, Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Fred Davis, Redskins vs. Jets
- Dustin Keller, Jets at Redskins
- Greg Olsen, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Scott Chandler, Bills vs. Titans
- Brandon Pettigrew, Lions at Saints
- Jermaine Gresham, Bengals at Steelers
- Anthony Fasano, Dolphins vs. Raiders
- Jeremy Shockey, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Jared Cook, Titans at Bills — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Heath Miller, Steelers vs. Bengals
- Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars vs. Chargers
- Jake Ballard, Giants vs. Packers
- Ed Dickson, Ravens at Browns
- Owen Daniels, Texans vs. Chiefs
- Kevin Boss, Raiders at Dolphins
- Jacob Tamme, Colts at Patriots
- Kellen Davis, Bears vs. Chiefs
- Visanthe Shiancoe, Vikings vs. Broncos
- Dennis Pitta, Ravens at Browns
- Ben Watson, Browns vs. Ravens
- Tony Scheffler, Lions at Saints
- Lance Kendricks, Rams at 49ers
- Delanie Walker, 49ers vs. Rams
- Zach Miller, Seahawks vs. Eagles
- Martellus Bennett, Cowboys at Cardinals
- Joel Dreessen, Texans vs. Falcons
- Evan Moore, Browns vs. Ravens
- David Thomas, Saints vs. Lions
- Daniel Fells, Broncos at Vikings
- Todd Heap, Cardinals vs. Cowboys — INJ, DOWN
Not listed: Dallas Clark, Colts
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.