About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 4, 2011 @ 3:15 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for quarterbacks:
- Aaron Rodgers, Packers at Giants
- Drew Brees, Saints vs. Lions
- Tom Brady, Patriots vs. Colts
- Tony Romo, Cowboys at Cardinals
- Cam Newton, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Eli Manning, Giants vs. Packers
- Tim Tebow, Broncos at Vikings
- Matthew Stafford, Lions at Saints
- Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers vs. Bengals
- Matt Ryan, Falcons at Texans
- Philip Rivers, Chargers at Jaguars
- Vince Young, Eagles at Seahawks
- Andy Dalton, Bengals at Steelers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bills vs. Titans
- Matt Moore, Dolphins vs. Raiders
- Josh Johnson, Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Josh Freeman, Buccaneers vs. Panthers — INJ, DOWN (INACTIVE)
- Matt Hasselbeck, Titans at Bills
- Mark Sanchez, Jets at Redskins
- Joe Flacco, Ravens at Browns
- Carson Palmer, Raiders at Dolphins
- Tavaris Jackson, Seahawks vs. Eagles
- Caleb Hanie, Bears vs. Chiefs
- Alex Smith, 49ers vs. Rams
- Dan Orlovsky, Colts at Patriots
- Kevin Kolb, Cardinals vs. Cowboys
- Christian Ponder, Vikings vs. Broncos
- Rex Grossman, Redskins vs. Jets
- Sam Bradford, Rams at 49ers — INJ (INACTIVE)
- Colt McCoy, Browns vs. Ravens
- A.J. Feeley, Rams at 49ers — (he'll start in place of Bradford)
- T.J. Yates, Texans vs. Falcons
- Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars vs. Chargers
- Tyler Palko, Chiefs at Bears
Not listed: Jay Cutler, Bears; Peyton Manning, Colts; Michael Vick, Eagles
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.