About the Author
Recent posts by Pat Fitzmaurice
Updated Dec. 4, 2011 @ 12:52 p.m. ET
Here are our fantasy rankings for placekickers:
- Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots vs. Colts
- David Akers, 49ers vs. Rams
- John Kasay, Saints vs. Lions
- Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders at Dolphins — INJ (ACTIVE)
- Dan Bailey, Cowboys at Cardinals
- Billy Cundiff, Ravens at Browns
- Mason Crosby, Packers at Giants
- Robbie Gould, Bears vs. Chiefs
- Matt Bryant, Falcons at Texans
- Nick Novak, Chargers at Jaguars
- Shaun Suisham, Steelers vs. Bengals
- Connor Barth, Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Rob Bironas, Titans at Bills
- Steven Hauschka, Seahawks vs. Eagles
- Jason Hanson, Lions at Saints
- Alex Henery, Eagles at Seahawks
- Olindo Mare, Panthers at Buccaneers
- Matt Prater, Broncos at Vikings
- Neil Rackers, Texans vs. Falcons
- Dan Carpenter, Dolphins vs. Raiders — INJ, UP (ACTIVE)
- Nick Folk, Jets at Redskins
- Mike Nugent, Bengals at Steelers
- Josh Scobee, Jaguars vs. Chargers
- Ryan Longwell, Vikings vs. Broncos
- Dave Rayner, Bills vs. Titans
- Lawrence Tynes, Giants vs. Packers
- Phil Dawson, Browns vs. Ravens
- Ryan Succop, Chiefs at Bears
- Jay Feely, Cardinals vs. Cowboys
- Adam Vinatieri, Colts at Patriots
- Graham Gano, Redskins vs. Jets
- Josh Brown, Rams at 49ers
- Rian Lindell, Bills vs. Titans — INJ (INACTIVE)
Not listed: none
The above player rankings are based on expectations for this week only, not for the entire season, taking into account this week's specific matchups and injuries. The initial rankings are compiled before the release of the NFL's early injury report and are updated Thursday to reflect the status of each player.
We base our rankings on the following scoring system: For skill-position players, one point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards, one point for every 30 passing yards, six points for a TD run or catch, four points for a TD pass, two points for a two-point conversion run or catch, two points for a two-point conversion pass. For kickers, three points for FGs of 18-39 yards, four points for FGs of 40-49 yards, and five points for FGs of 50-plus yards. Defensive rankings are based primarily on points allowed, yardage allowed and sack potential.
Glossary of notations
INJ — player has an injury that may affect productivity or availability.
ILL — player has an illness that may affect productivity or availability.
UP — player was moved up on draft board after original posting.
DOWN — player was moved down on draft board after original posting.
Not listed — player is temporarily sidelined due to injury or suspension but otherwise would be ranked.
ACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated active (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
INACTIVE — on game day, player has been designated inactive (posted shortly before kickoff, when available).
Players and/or notations added after the original posting are shown in boldface.
Note: Remember to check back for late-week and weekend updates, as well as game inactives (when available) in the 90 minutes preceding the 1 p.m. Sunday kickoffs. You'll also find regular updates in our live fantasy injury reports on Sundays.