Packers 60-second rant: Foooooood for thought

Dan Arkush

darkush@pfwmedia.com
Executive editor

Recent posts by Dan Arkush

Baylor WR Williams in first-round conversation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 2:26 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Seahawks GM likes 'win-win' QB situation

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 6:53 p.m.

Old-school Arians feeling young at heart

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 4:51 p.m.

Packers RB Harris looks like a real keeper

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 1:32 p.m.

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Reese: Giants' Tuck wants to regain form

Posted Feb. 23, 2013 @ 11:26 a.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Vikings should keep Harvin ... for now

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 5:42 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

Vikings will explore free-agent WR possibilities

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 9:54 p.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.
Posted Nov. 29, 2011 @ 7:33 p.m. ET
By Dan Arkush

Oooooooohhhh!!!!!!

Do I have a rant for yooouuuuuu!!!!!

OK, so I'm watching the Monday-night game between the Saints and the Giants, watching Drew Brees do a pretty sweet imitation of Aaron Rodgers, consistently getting the Giants' defense back on its high-profile heels, and as the game wore on, I couldn't help but be drawn in by a semi-regular drone that had a familiar ring to it ...

Cruuuuuuuzzzzzzz!!!!!

Yeah, every time Victor Cruz was involved in the action, which turned out to be quite a lot, Giants fans in the Superdome acknowledged the Giants red-hot second-year reciever's efforts with a chant that sounded just like ...

Kuuuuuuuhhhhhnnnn!!!!

You know, the chant the Packer faithful automatically unearth whenever burly Green Bay battering ram and fan favorite John Kuhn is involved in the action — on the road as well as at home.

So here's the question: Whoooooo will outdooooooo whooooo when Cruz and Kuhn square off Sunday?????

Guess we'll find out sooooon enough, huh?

In the meantime, I have a thought or twooooooo on the two-game suspension that Lions thug Ndamukong Suh got slapped with as a result of his ridiculous Turkey Day trot on Evan Dietrich-Smith's arm.

All I can say is that anything less than two games would have been an unacceptable penalty for Suh in this ranter's opinion. When I look back at this year's disappointments, I might have to put Suh, whom I honestly believed was God's gift as a rookie, at the top of the list.

I don't know if you saw the Q&A that I did with Packers legend Jerry Kramer on the PFW Packers app last week. Turns out Kramer had an opportunity not that long ago to break bread at a banquet of some sort with Suh and thought he was a really good kid.

But that didn't stop Jerry from ripping into Suh every which way but loose for his penchant for personal fouls and perceived dirty play. "He doesn't need that s---," Kramer told me in typically blunt fashion. "He has a chance to be one of the best without any of the extracurricular crap. I would love to tell him that!"

Too late, Jerry. Two days after our conversation, Suh couldn't have made a bigger fooooooolll out of himself on a national stage — on Thanksgiving no less!!!

Thanks for nothing, Ndamukong. Hope you're prepared for an endless array of boooooooooooosssss at Lambeau Field in the regular-season finale.

You deserve them, pal, even though you did the Packers a huuuugggeee favor by probably singlehandedly taking the Lions out of the playoff hunt.

Isn't that just tooooooooo bad!