Five questions with Packers shareholder Michelle Clauser

Dan Arkush

darkush@pfwmedia.com
Executive editor

Recent posts by Dan Arkush

Baylor WR Williams in first-round conversation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 2:26 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Seahawks GM likes 'win-win' QB situation

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 6:53 p.m.

Old-school Arians feeling young at heart

Posted Feb. 21, 2013 @ 4:51 p.m.

Packers RB Harris looks like a real keeper

Posted Jan. 11, 2013 @ 1:32 p.m.

Green Bay Packers: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 4:32 p.m.

Thompson: Packers not worried about leadership void

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 12:26 p.m.

Packers release C Jeff Saturday

Posted Feb. 18, 2013 @ 7:34 p.m.

Packers announce release of DB Woodson

Posted Feb. 15, 2013 @ 4:06 p.m.

Vikings should keep Harvin ... for now

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 5:42 p.m.

Packers WR Donald Driver calls it a career

Posted Feb. 06, 2013 @ 8:01 p.m.

Packers WR Driver retires after 14 seasons

Posted Jan. 31, 2013 @ 9:54 a.m.

Vikings will explore free-agent WR possibilities

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 9:54 p.m.

14-year veteran C Saturday to retire

Posted Jan. 25, 2013 @ 2:56 p.m.
Posted Nov. 18, 2011 @ 4:09 p.m. ET
By Dan Arkush

Each week throughout the season, PFW executive editor and resident Packers expert Dan Arkush hooks up with a figure who has connections with the Packers and asks him or her five Packer-related questions. This week, Dan connects with Michelle Clauser, a fellow employee of Dan's wife and a rabid Packers fan who also happens to be one of the team's 112,158 shareholders.

1. How did you become a Packers shareholder, and for how long you have owned a share of the team?

Clauser: My father and I have been shareholders since the stock sale in 1997. When we heard that they were selling shares to raise money for the renovation of Lambeau Field, we wanted to be part of it.  We will probably purchase more shares this year or early next for the next round of improvements to Lambeau.

2. How many Packers games do you go to in person every year, and when you don't actually attend games, tell me about what I'm guessing is a pretty regular ritual as far as watching your team in action.

Clauser: I try to go to one home game a year. I live close enough to Milwaukee that I pick up the games on TV.  If I am traveling, I check for a place where I can watch the games. I HAVE to watch them live.

3. Who is your favorite Packers player and why?

Clauser: I have a few favorites. I like Aaron Rodgers because he is calm, cool and collected under pressure. He doesn't take unnecessary chances, he does his homework and it shows. I like Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson for being fierce competitors with motors that don't quit. I really like watching the team as a whole. Last year when people kept stepping up because of injuries, I think it really showed the character of this team.

4. Do you get particularly jacked up for Packers-Bears games, considering that so many of your friends and fellow workers are die-hard Bears fans?

Clauser: I get geared up for all the divisional games, especially last year and the year before when (Brett) Favre was a Viking.

5. Finally, give me your thoughts on Sunday's game against Tampa Bay, finishing with a prediction. And please try to be objective!

Clauser: I go into each weekend thinking that it could be a battle, but that the Packers will figure out what they need to do to win the game. Tampa has won games against good teams, so it will be interesting. I think the Packers will win 35-17.