A recap of Friday's NFL fines
Posted By PFW staff
The NFL handed down fines to the following players on Friday, according to multiple reports:
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco was fined $7,500 for a horse-collar tackle and DT Arthur Jones $7,500 for unnecessary roughness when blocking a player too low.
- Seahawks S Kam Chancellor was fined $20,000 for a hit on Ravens WR Anquan Boldin.
- Browns OG Shawn Lauvao was fined $7,500 for head-butting Texans OLB Brian Cushing.
- Titans S Michael Griffin was fined $7,500 for unnecessary roughness for a late hit in the head area.
- Panthers OTs Jordan Gross and Byron Bell and DE Charles Johnson were each fined $7,500 for unnecessary roughness.
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski was fined $7,500 for his spike following a touchdown.
- In addition to Lions QB Matthew Stafford and OG Rob Sims and Bears CB D.J. Moore, three other players were fined from last week's Bears-Lions game: Lions DT Nick Fairley was fined $15,000 for driving Bears QB Jay Cutler into the ground. Bears WR Earl Bennett was fined $10,000 for wearing orange cleats and Lions DE Kyle Vanden Bosch was fined $7,500 for a late hit.