Browns They Said It: Week 10

Browns strike early, sign Kruger

Posted March 12, 2013 @ 5:23 p.m.

Cleveland Browns: 2013 team needs

Posted March 07, 2013 @ 1 p.m.

Browns hire Farmer as assistant GM

Posted March 06, 2013 @ 11:01 a.m.

Chudzinski offers little on Browns' QB situation

Posted Feb. 22, 2013 @ 11:22 a.m.

Browns owner back as CEO with family business

Posted Feb. 11, 2013 @ 9:55 p.m.

Report: Eagles peg Davis as defensive coordinator

Posted Feb. 07, 2013 @ 11:40 a.m.

Browns release DE Rucker

Posted Feb. 05, 2013 @ 4:39 p.m.

Browns hire three assistants

Posted Jan. 22, 2013 @ 6:48 p.m.

Browns hire Horton as defensive coordinator

Posted Jan. 18, 2013 @ 4:26 p.m.

Tags

Posted Nov. 08, 2011 @ 10:21 p.m. ET
By PFW staff

The following are quotes from Pat Shurmur's media availability on Monday. Quotes are from a transcript provided by the team:

Shurmur on the Browns' run defense after Houston rushed for a club-record 261 yards Sunday in a 30-12 victory:

"We just need to get better. They're a good running team. We practiced against the run, and they executed just like they wanted to. We've just got to get better. When you stop the run, it's a team thing, and when you don't stop the run, it's a team thing. When teams have success running the football, most of the time they attempt to."

Shurmur on how frustrated the club is:

"I think we're disappointed we lost. You'll report it and write it the way you want. This team wants to win and works hard to win, and that's what we want to do."

Shurmur on whether the club will place RB Peyton Hillis on injured reserve with his hamstring:

"Here's where we're at with Peyton. We want him to get healthy. We talked about him this morning, like the players that we talked about that were injured yesterday, and our conversation about Peyton was 'OK, where do we proceed to get him back as quickly as possible?' So that's where we're at."

Shurmur on the Browns' pass protection after Cleveland allowed four sacks Sunday:

"We need to block them better than we did yesterday. No question. That's how I'd assess it."

Shurmur on whether it's difficult to evaluate QB Colt McCoy:

"Yes, I think, but I'm learning something every week about him. You want to learn about your players, improve your players and win games. That's what we want to do. I'm learning about Colt. Some of that other stuff we can't control. I told the guys in there today. I trust and believe in every player that we choose to put on the field, that they're going to do a good job and (they're) charged with going out, executing their assignments and winning the game. That's what we have to go on."

Shurmur on what he's learned about McCoy:

"I think he's tough. I think he battles and he can take a hit. He did some things yesterday. I thought he threw the ball, for the most part, more accurately. But, the coaches, the players, Colt, the players, the coaches, we all have to get better. That's the one quote. I'm going to surround him with the coaches, the players, Colt, the coaches, and the players. We all have to get better in order to win games."