Vikings CB Cook remains on active roster, will not participate in team activities

Posted Nov. 07, 2011 @ 2:45 p.m.
Posted By PFW staff

Vikings CB Chris Cook will remain on the 53-man roster but will not participate in football activities for the time being, the team said in a statement Monday.

Cook is awaiting trial on felony strangulation charges related to a domestic incident with his girlfriend in late October. He is currently free on bond.

"We have met with Chris and spoken with his agent and have agreed that currently, Chris should focus on his off the field matters," the statement said.

Cook, a second-year player from Virginia, has 20 tackles and four passes defensed this season.

The Way We See It

With Cook appearing as though he will miss an extended period of time, the Vikings secondary only gets worse. He had been their best cover corner this season, matching up well with Lions WR Calvin Johnson in Week Three.

Antoine Winfield (neck) is expected to play this week, which should help the struggling secondary.